Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Etsy Week Feature: Is Photography


Looking for Love Print

Is Photography is the shop of photographer Irene Suchocki, and if I'm looking for a dream-like image to bring a calm moment to a crazy day, this is where I come. Her work is beautiful in its simplicity and composition, and she is able to capture a feeling in her photos, beyond the image that is actually shown.
The Waves

Her pictures seem to look at the world through a nostalgic eye, when times were quieter, and people took more time to breathe and just be. I especially love her photos of birds:



Soar

The Bird has Flown

I also adore her summer imagery, which reminds me of how I wish my childhood summers had been:
Those Summer Nights


Start where you are

I could go on and on, but instead I'm just going to send you to her shop. Stop by, and gaze dreamily into her incredible photographs; I guarantee you'll find something to inspire you, and leave a little poorer in pocket, but richer in eye-poetry;)

No comments: