Monday, January 11, 2010

Remembering Grace and Gratitude . . .



Lately, life has been very stressful. Atomically stressful. The kind of stressful that causes me to suddenly burst into tears for seemingly no reason. Case in point: I just watched "Julie and Julia", a delightful film which I enjoyed, and which caused me to have a life-crisis which had me crying on the phone to B for an hour. That kind of stressful.

At times like these, it's easy to get completely self-absorbed, to sink into a pity-pot of complaining and whining. Instead, I want to take a step back and think about why my life is great. I mean, I have a roof over my head, shoes on my feet, and food in my refrigerator, for myself and my rabbits. I have friends and family who love me, and I am secure in the knowledge that no matter what the problem is I can find a way to solve it. Life is abounding with possibilities.

Maybe money is insanely tight and I wish I were a size 6 instead of a 10. Maybe I wish there were 36 hours in the day or a director out there who would give me a shot. But I'm healthy and have every reason in the world to be grateful for my life.

I think we could all stand to remember this more often.

No comments: