Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Velorbis is Danish for Cool . . .



I saw this on a blog this morning, and couldn't resist sharing. As many of you know, I used to have a trike, a blue three-wheeler that had a huge basket in the back. I rode it all over New Orleans during college, but Chicago was less friendly to my three-wheeled transport, and I eventually got rid of it.

Now, as I prepare for the big move to SoCal and contemplate getting around out there, I find this sweet little number, the Mobii from Velorbis. Each one is individually produced so it's fully customizible, and you can lug everything from cargo to children in it (there are seatbelts in the basket in front). Sure, it's pricey, but cheaper than a car by far. Now, if only I could peddle 2,000 miles in it . . . .

What about you, dear readers? What's the coolest form of transport you ever took to get from point A to point B?

No comments: