Wednesday, April 7, 2010

One of those days . . .


When you are in the middle of a bout of depression, days like today seem insurmountable.

It's not so much that there is any one thing that started it, it's a lot of little things clumping together and dragging me down today, and I just want to curl up in a ball, or scream at the top of my lungs, or cry.

Instead, I will smile and act fine. I wish I could be five years old again, and crawl into bed, pulling the covers up to my chin. My mom would bring me soup, or hot chocolate, and I would listen to the rain outside. Instead here I am at my desk, trying to bite anyone's head off or collapse in a heap.

This is one of those days that make everything feel impossible.

1 comment:

L. Edgar Otto said...

Well, guess it follows after nothing much to say that follows such a great output of creativity. I wish I could have seen the science museum in Chicago last week but it was such a large city and inspiring, and I could not leave the dog too long. Hot chocolate with your recipe does sound good on rainy days. But if I had gone to the museaum I most certainly have tried to find waldo!