Thursday, June 3, 2010

Things that Make Me Happy . . .

All images courtesy We Heart It


Things have been pretty stressful lately; money is very, very tight, and I don't have anywhere near enough saved for my move yet. I'm also about to start working seven days a week, which has me worried for my health and sanity. But, when I start to feel that twitchy feeling under my skin, I know it's important to remember the things that make me smile and take that feeling away:

Summer is coming. Some days are still a little too cold for me, but more and more days dawn with that sunshine-y warmth in the air, full of the promise of flower-filled breezes and picnics.



Pink ruffles. Need I say more?


Chocolate, in all its many forms.



Running, not for sport or competition. I'm starting to like it, just for its own sake.



My latest book is almost finished. I will be sorry to say goodbye to Benjamin, Jonah, Jack, Poubelle, and all the rest, but I always feel such a rewarding rush of emotion at the close of a good story, especially one I have put so much work into. There is still a long way to go before it's ready to be seen by any agents, but finishing a first draft is always special.

Yes, life is stressful. But, I can't let the stress overwhelm me and get me down. Times will get better, I believe that, and there are so many things truly lovely about my life.

What about you, dear readers? What things are making you happy right now?

No comments: