Thursday, April 28, 2011

Look Away . . .


I woke this morning to the news that the South had seen its worst night of storms yet, and the death toll had risen to 200. I have always considered myself an honorary Southern gal (I went to college in New Orleans and have played a Southerner for years in Civil War reenactments), and this tears at my heart. The devastation is huge, with entire towns destroyed in hours, sometimes in minutes. Tornadoes, baseball-sized hail and floods have swept through Tornado Alley from Missouri to Texas, leaving people without power for days, picking up homes and depositing them miles away, in pieces. Alabama was declared an emergency this morning, and other states are sure to follow.

People will need all the help they can get. Please consider giving to the American Red Cross this morning.

Let's hope Mother Nature is done with her bad mood for a little while.

No comments: