Thursday, June 2, 2011

Dreamcatcher . . .


I'm starting to get into the guts of the book I'm working on, and it's giving me some pretty strange dreams.

I have always had fairly vivid dreams; my whole life has been marked by them. I enjoy going over them when I wake, wondering what my subconscious mind is trying to tell me (though sometimes it's abundantly clear). Dreams also figure in my writing quite a bit, and they are a pretty big part of the current book, so it's little surprise that my writing is overlapping into my nighttime adventures.

Lately, though, the imagery has veered into disturbing territory I'd rather not see, and it makes me wonder what's going on in my waking life that my dreaming life is getting so bizarre. I suppose I'll just have to keep chugging along and hope that dreams of puppies and rainbows return, rather than my fare of late.

No comments: