Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Porcelain . . .



When I was in college, I took a class called "Acting for the Camera". We spent the entire semester filming scenes where we were given a short set of lines, and could only use that dialogue. The scenes that we came up with ran the gamut from talking about a dead cat, two people having an affair, and a Hitchcockian murder scene. All with the same eight lines.

This scene was part of a contest with the same principle: The only lines allowed are "What is that?," "It's a unicorn," "Never seen one up close before," "Beautiful," "Get away" and "I'm sorry." This is the winner. I dare you not to cry watching what the filmmaker created out of just those simple words.

1 comment:

Christine said...

That was such a beautiful film! I have never heard of that concept before (using 8 lines for all those situations). Thank you for posting such an awesome idea!

Christine