Monday, November 7, 2011

Rainy Days and Mondays . . .

It was rainy and chilly most of the weekend, and I stayed in, bundled up under blankets, watching DVDs and writing and just, in general, feeling kinda blah. This month just started, but it is already getting me a bit down.

It will be the first Thanksgiving I'm spending totally on my own; I'm not counting the one in college where I browned celery and onions in a skillet and spilled oil on my bed. Due to tight budgeting, I won't even be able to afford to make a small turkey and stuffing, which is, hands down, my favorite thing about the boliday. I LOVE cooking Thanksgiving dinner, and it will make me doubly sad to be alone and turkey-less.

Then, there's my birthday the following week. I'll be forced to go to work, as I get no vacation days at my job. It will probably consist of a day at the office, my annual watching of "Xanadu", and then going to sleep at 8, like usual.

So, tough month. I'll get through it, like I always do, and hopefully by next year at this time things will look very different. Onward and upward, as always.

No comments: