The mockup is done! Yay! Things are progressing a little slowly; I always work better with a deadline, and my brain keeps whispering, "It's still a few weeks off! Go take a walk!" I could've had the suit construction done this weekend with just finishing work left to do, but I was lazy yesterday and tried to enjoy the beautiful weather. But, I did get the mockup fitted and the suit is cut out!
Can I just tell you all how much I love those lapels? They will be a little smaller in the finished suit, since the mockup includes seam allowances, but they are still my favorite part of the entire look.
I look kind of like a nurse or like its a Naval dress uniform right now. You'll get the picture when you see it in the Glen Ellen plaid wool, below:
It's an Eva Dress pattern, and it's pretty fantastic, but not for the beginner. The instructions do make a few assumptions about your skill-level; there were a few darts that I discovered that were not in the instructions, but I knew where they should go from experience. Still, it's not that difficult a pattern, and I foresee construction going rather quickly next weekend. I'll keep you posted on the progress, dear readers!