Friday, April 10, 2009

My new favorite . . .



Some of you (I'm talking to you, Tabitha) have had to listen to me moan and complain for the last several months because my favorite mascara was being discontinued, and I didn't know which one to try next. I tried Loreal and Neutrogena and Almay, and each one ended up giving me spidery, clumpy eyelashes that bled under my eyes and made me look tired and unwell by the end of the day. I tossed no fewer than four mascaras in my search for the perfect one. While this may not compare with, say, the pursuit of a cure for cancer, it is still an important issue to a lot of humans of the female gender, and certainly caused me a minor headache;)

Finally, though it cost me more than I wanted to spend on a single tube of makeup, I found the winner: Diorshow Iconic Mascara. After reading reviews and seeing it recommended on other blogs, I bit the bullet and walked over to Macy's on my lunch hour last week to plunk down $30 and pick this up. With trepidation I applied it the next day, and, huzzah! No clumping, no spider-eyes, no smearing and bleeding under my eyes, and it highlights my lashes rather nicely. I'm not normally one to spend so much on one tiny thing (says the girl who once spent $300 for a yard and a half of fabric!), but in this case, you get what you pay for!

Two thimble-covered thumbs up!

No comments: