Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Favorite Site Tuesdays!

This week's favorite featured site is We Heart It!

I discovered this site through a few different bloggers I read on a regular basis, and I'm glad I did; here is a vast repository, catagorized by tags, of some of the best photos on the web. And, we're not talking just interior design shots, or fashion images; We Heart It has pictures of everything from Victorian photographs to modern paintings, grafitti-covered buildings to images of Versailles. I have yet to reach the limit of what you can find, as long as you know what you're looking for. Then, you "heart" it, and it gets saved in your favorites, to come back to again and again.







This is a great concept; I can't tell you how many times I have found a pic on a site and forgotten to save it, and then couldn't remember where it was! This takes the guesswork out of that; each image includes a trackback link to the original as well.
A few caveats, however: this site takes a very long time to load; if you have the time, it's worth it, but it can get very frustrating. It also does not display correcctly in IE; if you're using Firefox or Safari, you're probably fine.
Now, surf on over, and get hearting;)

No comments: