Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Bonding Chronicles 6: Trouble in the Water

So, after my recent triumpth of a few days ago, where I caught Viola grooming Sebastian through the bars of his enclosure, we had a setback last night. I had taken Sebastian out and sat on the couch with him, and she came around very quickly. She hopped, nervously and a little agressively, around on the couch, trying to get onto my lap to get at him. I tried to pet her to calm her down and stop her from possibly charging him while he was on my lap, and she bit me. Hard. And drew blood.

I immediately took him back to his cage and closed him in it, and she came right in, where I sat on the ground and started to cry. She hopped around me, nudging me territorially, and acted very jealous when I tried to pet them both at the same time. I feel at the end of my rope emotionally here: I can't part with either rabbit; they are both part of my family, and I'm their bunny-mom. But, what if she just refuses to accept him? She seems fine with him in the cage, but doesn't like it whenever I take him out.

I'm just not sure what else to do here . . . .




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't give up yet. It's only been 2 months-which I know seems like forever but it isn't.

privema said...

i have cats...several of them...and they are always jealous of a new member of the catclan when one is added...sometimes there will be one that another never learns to like very well, but they learn to live together....i can't imagine that rabbits are any different...viola isn't nuts about giving up only child status...who can blame her?? she'll adapt.

Ginger said...

The thing that makes me laugh is that she HATES being on my lap! It's funny that she got so jealous . . .