Thursday, August 13, 2009

Package Project . . .

Just a quick post to start detailing my work on the Lovely Package Exchange. I picked up two identical little boxes, each with a *ahem* questionable paper covering on them. Not to worry; I was planning to cover them anyway! I liked the shape, reminiscent of train cases from the '40's, and the hardware was pretty good. It didn't matter to me what they looked like otherwise!

I started by spraypainting the bottom of one of the boxes; I only had a fat quarter of the fabric I wanted to cover it in, so I spraypainted it in a complimenting color, in this case, sky blue.

Then, I cut pieces and used spray mount to glue them down. What a mess! The spray mount was stinky and sticky, and it bled through the fabric! Given the choice, I would have tried something else, but it was too late to go back. I simply did my best with what I had.

The finished exterior of box #1. I don't like the glue spots showing through, but it is a major improvement over what I started with so . . . que sera sera!

No comments: