Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I got an Award!

Wow! My very first award! Squeee!!!

This comes from Costume Queen at Aria of an Amateur who had this to say:

Ginger deserves the Kreativ Blogger award because she blogs about all things crafty, including costuming, sewing, cooking, crafting, and much more! She posts all the time, which is completely awesome (most bloggers need to post more often than they do! *hint hint*).

Thanks! There are rules, apparently, to winning:

1. Copy the Kreativ Blogger picture and post it on your page
2. Thank the person who gave it to you and link back to their blog
3. Write seven things about you that we don't know
4. Choose seven other bloggers that you would like to give the award to
5. Link to the bloggers that you choose
6. Let the winners know that they have the lovely award.

Let's see . . . seven things y'all don't know yet . . .

1. I love the movie "Xanadu". I know it's bad. Shut up.
2. I often wish I was born male; they just seem to have so many things easier!
3. I am very critical of my singing, to the point that I stopped singing for a few years after college.
4. I HATE stringy cheese. Even on pizza. If it stretches out, I have to break it off, or I can't eat it.
5. I wish I knew how to sword fight.
6. I am sensitive; holding old things sometimes tells me things about the people who used to own them, and antique fairs give me a headache (but, I love them anyway!)
7. I am a Thomas Jefferson nut. Not kidding. I think that's secretly why I'm so picky with guys: I'm looking for a writer/statesman/artist/architect/gardener/violinist.

And now, I'm passing this along to seven bloggers who deserve this way more than I do:

Ginger Rose: Her recipes make my mouth water in the worst way. And, she gives the best directions! I just bake stuff, but she takes pics along the way; that is serious extra credit;) You gotta love the name too (at least, I do!)

Caroline Armelle : Another baker/crafter/Martha lover! And, she is a seriously talented jewelry designer. What's not to love?

Ink Obsession Designs: Love, love, love. Her invites and designs are a little mod, a little whimsical, and a lot of fun.

Serendipity Handmade: Vintage patterns! Shut up! This blog is so cute, as is her Etsy shop.

The Cottage Cheese: More vintage-y goodness. Their blog has such a great feel, and I gotta throw love to anyone who restores homes for a living; a difficult often thankless job that takes a huge dose of passion to do!

Down and Out Chic: Christina, you are inspirational. Hope to be where you are with my blog in a year or two (or three!). I go here daily for my design fix;)

The Red Otter Shop: Julia is such a dear, and her blog is so sweet! We like all the same things, so I stop by her blog constantly to see what she's crushing on now;)

Thanks again, Costume Queen! I'll post my award with pride!


13 comments:

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Congrats on your award!! :)

Christina said...

thank you, your very, very kind! this award and your sweet words definitely made my morning:)

Ink Obsession Designs said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the award!! You totally put a smile on my face! :)

Ginger said...

I love passing on the love;)

Rebecca Jo said...

YES... found someone else who loves Xanadu... you have no idea my obsession over that movie since I was a kid!!! Its really sad...But give me roller skates with leg warmers & barrettes with ribbons anyday! :)

L. Edgar Otto said...

That green dress, Seamstress, as art goes well beyond any award. Don't know about your voice but your lyrics here are so sweet...

mub said...

Haha, I love Xanadu too! Congrats on the award =)

love lives in the kitchen said...

congratulations! this award is wonderful and you truly deserve it!
wish you a lovely day!
justyna

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Thank you so much Ginger! You are such a sweetie for saying such nice things about my blog & the home-renovation business that my husband and I run.

So much fun to learn more about you! The Thomas Jefferson thing cracks me up, but I totally get it. Who wouldn't want a writer/statesman/artist/architect/gardener/violinist?!

Betty Manousos said...

Congrats on your award!!!!!!!!!!!
xxx

Serendipity Handmade + Vintage said...

Thank you so much for the award and the kind words about my blog and shop! :-)

And by the way, I love Xanadu too ...I have the soundtrack on LP!

Danielle said...

Thank you so much for featuring my blog and for all the kind words!! It means a lot! Gingers stick together! :)

Molly M. said...

I adore Xanadu! The soundtrack is awesome and I probably have most of the movie memorized. Cheesy, it might be, but it's classic!