Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Ah: Persuasion . . . .



I'm feeling soppy and overly romantical today (who knows why), and I watched "Persuasion" once more. I have always seen myself as much less Elizabeth Bennett and more Anne Elliot: quiet, reserved, dependable, and most assuredly in the background. "Woman loves longest, when all hope is gone."

I can only hope one day for a man to look at me the way Ciaran Hinds' Captain Wentworth is looking at her. I am single and perfectly fine with that state, but every once in a while, a longing creeps in that I can't control.

I'm sure it has something to do with Jane Austen movies.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll find that - when the time is right!!!

Kimba said...

Funny, I just rewatched "Persuasion" just the other day. There is nothing wrong with being Anne! She's really pretty fabulous!

Isis said...

I love that movie! And I always LIked the book best of all Austen. Anne is such a delightful heroine.

Serendipity Handmade + Vintage said...

This is one of my favorites...I think I may have to watch it again soon!