Thursday, January 21, 2010

Next up: A Regency Ballgown . . .




It's just about time once again for the Regency Ball in Lansing, MI. It's hard to believe that last year at this time I had just started this blog! It's been a crazy year, but it seems like only yesterday I was building that gold and embroidered net dress, and now I have to consign it to a hanger; it's too big to wear this year! Onward to a new dress, and this year I'm going with a lovely royal blue, inspired by the original dress above. I love the deep blue color, but I really love the wide, bright trim at the bottom.



I found a beautiful royal silk taffeta, and to trim the bottom hem there's this 4" wide beaded sari trim in orange and gold. Orange and blue are one of my favorite color combinations, so I'm fairly excited!



Stay tuned for the dress diary and the pics of the ball in March!

No comments: