Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Favorite Site Tuesdays: Yellow Field 7


This week's featured site is the simply lovely Yellow Field 7, with hand-draped hats by Behida Dolic. Behida fell in love with early 20th Century fashion at an early age and now makes these fantastickly sculptural cloches. Each is unique, each is fitted to the wearer, and each makes an indelible statement. I confess to not liking all of the fashion of the '20's and '30's, but the hats? Sign me right up;)



I love the color and the slight overhang of the brim on this one. Paired with a white and blue striped shirt or dress for summer, perfect;)



Anything that follows the natural curve of the body is lovely in my book. There is nothing more graceful than the curve of the head.


There is something about this one that reminds me of the old Buck Rogers strips from the '30's and '40's. Love it.



I'm not a huge pink fan, but this hat could convince me. Look at that dramatic draping along the side! This hat screams silk kimono, fainting couch, and long cigarette holder.

Stop by Yellow Field 7 or Behida Dolic's website to see more of her work; if you're a hat fiend like me, you'll be itching to put on your t-straps and charleston right into a purchase;)


No comments: