Monday, August 23, 2010

Chicago Comic-con 2010!


Another Comic-con come and gone; my last here in chicago. Next year it'll be SDCC, but this year Wizard World was a little more like San Diego, I gotta say. There were some bigger names there than in years previous: Brent Spiner (Data!), Linda Hamilton and Michael Biehn, James Marsters (still dreamy!), Nicholas Brendan, and yes, the Shat was there. I even saw Bill Shatner for about two seconds. It was awesome;)



Tab and A pulleed together amazing-looking Steampunk costumes from what we had around the house. One of the perks of living with a costumer;) They got, by far, the most picture requests, and it's pretty easy to see why!


This was the only other person in an Iron Man costume, and I'm really glad we ran into each other;) Almost literally ran into each other; it was super-crowded!



There were a couple other Steampunkers there, but I think Tab and A looked the best, by far;)


It wouldn't really be Comic-Con without the 501st, would it?

This was a pretty awesome-looking group.


After wandering around for awhile looking for him, exchanging phone calls and voicemails, we finally bumped into our dad. He had just finished getting a picture with Bill Shatner.


I'm so glad we ran into Kitty Zombie before we left too! He is so much fun; I wish we had had more time to play, but we were on our way out!


There were a few cool costumes walking around, but not nearly as many as I was expecting . . .


All in all, we had fun, but it was ten-times more crowded than it has been in years previous. I guess that's preparing my for SDCC!

My highlight of the day was getting the chance to chat informally with John deLancie, who played one of my favorite characters on Star Trek: TNG, Q. It was nice to get to shake his hand and tell him how much I loved the role; I had kind of a mini-nerdgasm. Overall, a pretty good day;)

No comments: