Friday, September 10, 2010

Night Stories . . .


I had one of Those Dreams last night.

Faithful readers (hi, five of you!) know that I've had exactly one boyfriend. However, I get really intense crushes on people, where for a few months (sometimes years) my thoughts dwell on them and I generally make myself miserable for not being with them. I can count maybe five or six of these; people I was practically in love with, but who either never knew of my feelings or (more likely) did not return them in the slightest.

Over the years, I usually reach a point when my sub-conscious realizes that these people are never really going to be a part of my life, no matter how hard I try to make it happen. So, I have one of Those Dreams. In it, the object of my affection plays a prominent role, but when I awaken it is with a sense of loss, as though I've just let this person go for good. These dreams are powerful and sad, and they are always true: after the dream the person drops out of my life, sometimes slowly, sometimes all at once. I know, by the time I have one of Those Dreams, that it is time to let them go.

Last night's dream was very vivid, very emotional, and felt very real until the moment I opened my eyes. It will stay with me for a while.

Even as the object of it goes away.

1 comment:

L. Edgar Otto said...

Seamstress,

I am reading Zane Gray old cowboy romance novels. How vivid does he makes landscape of the Purple Sage and how many pages are about two lovers, rawhide and tender foot, another Romeo and Juliette in the range wars - or her suitors looking for someone among the rare ranchers daughters in the lonely rustler's plains.

"Goodnight, my moonlight ladies- rock'a'bye sweet baby James. Deep greens and blues are the colors I choose- wont you let me go down in my dreams... and rock'a'by..."

May you have such beautiful and intense dreams and there is no fault in them- rather the fault is that we cease to dream...

The PeSla