Thursday, September 23, 2010

Nightmares and Daydreams . . .

courtesy We Heart It

Those reading this who me pretty well know that I tend to have pretty intense dreams. Epic, cinematic dreams. Which makes the nightmares that much harder to take.

I had a dreadful nightmare last night, that had me waking with trembling hands, my heart racing. I know nightmares are nothing more than your subconscious' way of telling you that you're really stressed out (which I already know, thank you very much), but it's hard to remember that in the moments after waking, when you still feel you're being chased, or about to die, or something equally as frightening. I like reading scary books or watching suspenseful films, and I love the Halloween season for all its atmospheric spookiness, but the scary is welcome to stay out of my dreams.

Here's hoping tonight's dreams are far less eventful.

No comments: