Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Equinox . . .


The Autumnal Equinox has me thinking about pumpkin soup, crisp falling leaves, and hot chocolate. It also has me thinking about autumn weddings.

I won't lie; autumn is not my favorite season. I'm a Spring girl: I'm all about blooming cherry blossoms and that first warm day when the air smells like grass and flowers. But, there's something to be said for the brisk fall day that is clear and new and bright, full of oranges and reds and golds. If I were to get married in autumn, it would be jewel tones everywhere, and maybe even a chocolate gananche-frosted cake;)

What about you, dear readers? Any Autumn Brides out there? How did you celebrate the season in your wedding?

1 comment:

Kimba said...

Well, since you were at my autumn wedding 5 years ago, you know I used lots of rich oranges, reds, greens & browns in my bouquets to compliment the ivory/champagne of the dresses. Our cake (carrot w/ cream cheese frosting...because I detest buttercream) had a cascade of handmade dark chocolate leaves. I love the autumn, it is MY favourite time of the year! I wonder of I could get a small replica made of our cake for our anniversary? Hmmm....