Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Love Conquers Cold . . .


I know it's taken me a few days to post on the wedding; after over a year of planning, I needed a few days of downtime to get my head back on straight. It's hard to believe it actually happened, and is over now.

I'll post later about the cake; that deserves it's own post;) This is just for day-of stuff.


First off, the Fairfield Inn and Suites is pretty awesome. Tabitha and I stayed the night on Friday (getting very little sleep), and while i don't have much experience of hotels, this was one of the nicer ones I've stayed in. Kudos to you guys, Fairfield. Saturday morning, the lovely ladies of Hairspray Revolution showed up to do our hair and makeup, and they made us all look truly beautiful (even me!). I cannot wait to have official pictures from Sarah Anna Hansen to show, but for now y'all will just have to look at the candids we were all taking;)


We ran a little behind with hair and makeup, and by the time we were ready to depart for the venue, it was cold and rainy. Tabitha donned her cape and muff, looking amazing, and we headed out under umbrellas.

Mrs. Murphy's and Sons Irish Bistro were pretty stupendous. I didn't worry about them all evening, which is pretty big for me! They got things done, and a special thanks to our day-of coordinator, our friend K., and her assistant J! Without them, there's no way things would have looked and worked the way they did!

Tabitha just glowed all night. the ceremony was beautiful and meaningful and we all sniffled and laughed our way through it, as it should be. I'm so glad our best friend R was the officiant; it gave the night even more meaning.

Dinner was delicious, but I don't remember much of it; we had to eay fast and then get up to take pictures! Still, what I do remember was pretty good;) At least none of the centerpieces fell apart or caught fire!

Thank you, DJ A-E! You added exactl what the night needed: great music and fun! I'm glad we have crazy friends, it was such a great time.

Yes; Tabitha did wear a Seamstress of Avalon piece for the reception;) You even need to ask?

All in all, the night was amazing and pretty much hitch-free. Everything was beautiful, and I'm so happy for them both. Now, onward to California!

1 comment:

A said...

Congrats! You all look stunning!