Monday, March 14, 2011

Having a Ball . . .


I finished my late-Victorian ballgown on Saturday! Yay! Luckily, I only really had to make a bodice, as I had enough of the green silk left over to match it to the Money Dress skirts. It made things much simpler (and cheaper!)

The pattern I used was Truly Victorian's Cuirass Bodice pattern; technically, this is for the 1880's, but with a little modification it works just fine for 1870's.

I dressed my hairpiece once again and got dolled up for pictures, as promised! I wish I had had a better location to take them, but for now, my porch had to do!


I'm pretty pleased with the results, and looking forward to this weekend! Finally my first late-Victorian Ball!
Pictures to follow . . .

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Gorgeous! You did a fantastic job. The color looks fabulous on you.

Steven said...

Beautiful!! The dress and you!!

reine-de-coudre said...

this is just stunning! i will also be at the ball saturday and look forward to seeing it in person!

-samantha