Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Decorating Progress . . .


My new chair, a craigslist find I have privately begun to call "George", is getting ready to get his new slipcover. I've spent the last several days trying to choose a fabric for him, and when you're a seamstress who spends a lot of time obsessed with fabric in general, this is no easy task. I went on a favoriting rampage on Etsy over the weekend, choosing 15 or so fabrics that I liked, and then spent yesterday trying to narrow them down and finally make a decision. The winner is below:


Ta-dah! The pattern is by Amy Butler and is called "Ritsy Stripe". I love that it's deceptively unstructured, so  at first glance it appears more formal but is actually pretty playful and modern. I chose this to coordinate with my curtains, which will be in this:


Michael Miller's "Chevron" in yellow. I intend to inject some contrast into this with a teal tv stand and black and white striped rug. I think I may do an accent pillow on George in a red pattern, maybe Michael Miller's "Zinnia" fabric.

Excited, everybody! I'll post pictures as things get finished . . .

No comments: