Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Don't Forget . . .


Happy Towel Day, everyone!

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, stop reading this blog. Right now. Go out and buy, or steal, or take out of the library, a copy of Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The first time I read it, I was in an emergency room, waiting for my roomate (I can't remember why she was there, but it couldn't have been that serious). I laughed out loud, and felt like a complete ass, but I couldn't help it. Such is the power of Adams' dry, ironic prose; always in on the joke, never entirely serious, and pretty damned insightful when it comes to how foolish we can be. Look up satire in the dictionary, and if there isn't a picture of him next to the entry, then there's something seriously amiss.

Have a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster on me, and please, whatever you do, don't forget your towel.

No comments: