Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Body Paint . . .


I think I found my next tattoo artist.

Amanda Wachob was featured on Design*Sponge this morning, and I am in love with her work. I got my first tattoo when I was 20, and since then I've been searching in vain for an artist to do the next one. I've found some artists I like but none enough to pull the trigger and plunk down the money to put something permanent on my body.

Then, I saw the incredible work of Amanda Wachob. Looking at these, it's almost impossible to believe that this is done with a needle and ink. The beautiful painterly quality of these tattoos elevates them from the everyday, and that's exactly what I want adorning me.


The only drawback? She's in NYC. Gah! Of course, there's no reason I couldn't plan a visit in a year or two, and get a tattoo while I'm there, right? Head over to Amanda's site and admire her work or yourself . . .

No comments: