Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Evil Thoughts . . .


After the terrible day I had yesterday, I definitely need a nice distraction. What's better than chocolate and eating my feelings? A new, utterly pointless project! This morning I found this link and picture on my Facebook feed, and checked out the work of incredible papier mache artist, Dan Reeder. He got a commission to make a trophy of Maleficent's head from "Sleeping Beauty", and the results are pretty amazing.


Using paper and cloth soaked in glue, fimo clay, glass eyes, and a shitload of green LED's, Dan created the coolest representation of one of Disney's coolest villains (if not THE coolest villain, IMO). Naturally, instead of looking at something like this and thinking, "Wouldn't it be cool to have somebody make something like that for me?" I'm sitting here thinking, "How do I make that???" I'm not saying I'm going to do it. But, newspaper and glue are pretty cheap . . .

No comments: