Thursday, April 9, 2009

Inspiration for Tabitha's Dinner Dress . . .

I found this incredible dress on Antique Dress.com in their museum section, and it met all my requirements for a good inspiration:
1. Is gorgeous
2. I can easily identify the parts that make up the toilette, and approximate patterns I would use to reproduce them
3. Fabric is not difficult to find in the modern era

In this case, I would turn once again to my friends ovder at Truly Victorian and go with the 225, 326, and 422. With some modifications, these three patterns would be perfect for this dress. For fabrics, a shiny silk satin is most likely what was used; I'm not sure I'd go with the same silver/white, as this is not a come out or wedding dress for her. Maybe a soft blue or lavender. I will also eliminate the pearls and replace the fringe with a pleated flounce of the same fabric (I LOVE pleated flounces!).

What do you think, dear readers?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is over the top fabulous!

Ginger said...

I'm looking forward to it;)