It's been around a year since I started the sequel to Outcast; I think it usually takes me at least six months to ruminate on ideas before they start to coalesce in my head. Then, another few months of research on various plot points (this time around: Victorian mad houses and advanced technology), and then another few months to write the damn thing. I finished the first draft this weekend and designed the cover, and overall I'm pretty happy with both. The book needs to go through several drafts before being ready for the CreateSpace treatment, but it was extremely cathartic to reach the end of the story. I figure this one will be ready by September (hopefully). In the meantime, I get to start the painful process of getting Outcast edited so I can actually consider submitting it to agents. Oy.
Naturally, I'm already starting to think about Book 3 . . . .
BTW: the image above is copywrited by me, so please don't reproduce it or steal it or anything uncool like that. Thanks;)