Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Follow the White Rabbit . . .


I know these images have been spreading around the web these last few days and you may have seen them. I don't care. I simply have to share these pictures. Kirsty Mitchell, a UK-based costume designer and photographer, recently lost her mother to cancer. She was inspired to do a photo shoot called "Wonderland" in her memory, and the results are, quite simply, stunning.


The images evoke loss and longing, beauty, sadness, and a sort of far-eyed hope. There is a silence in these pictures that speaks of strength, of the power of fragility.







Kirsty intends to release a book of her images in 2013, but you can go to her website and see extensive behind-the-scenes information of how each of these images was produced. I remember preparing and shoting my pictures for the Seamstress Shop, and though these are 100 times grander, I think I can understand the acheivement and the joy she has in these images. They are visual poetry, and I want to climb inside.

2 comments:

Laura Morrigan said...

This is so dreamlike, beautiful, and utterly inspiring! Do you mind if I reblog this?

Laura Morrigan said...

This is so dreamlike, beautiful, and utterly inspiring! Do you mind if I reblog this?