Monday, June 28, 2010

And so it goes . . .


It was a great weekend with a dreadful end.

I have never had much luck in the relationship department. I've talked about it on this blog before:
The last week or so, I've been thinking of embarking on a new relationship with someone I've known for a long time. It was completely unexpected and surprising and it gave me butterflies and made me blush, and made me feel special for the first time in a very, very long time. Having someone call you beautiful and knowing they're thinking of you while you're thinking of them is kind of wonderful. It wasn't meant to be anything like a passion for the ages, just something lovely for a little while.

But, as it turns out, I'm just not the right person for it. We like each other but want different things from this, and it just wouldn't work. We'd both wind up sort of miserable in the end, and this is a friendship I value way too much to wreck for a few months of something that might be nice but will probably finish in tears. So, we talked, and decided to stay friends, which we always have been. I know it's for the best, but I can't help feeling like there will always be a little part of me that will be thinking about this long after I should, and wondering what if. Everything happens for a reason and this was the right decision, but I'm still disappointed, I guess. I can't help it.

Still, better to take out a single stitch than to try to rip the entire seam later.

No comments: